I visted Munnar back in 2018, when I was in 8th semester of my Engineering. And may be you couldn’t believe that was my 1st trip.
So first I took flight from Raipur to Hyderabad, where I stayed for 2 days, and then we took a flight from Hyderabad to Cochin airport where the cab driver was waiting at the arrival.We catched the morning flight it was around 5 am, and we reached Cochin at 7 approx, from Cochin to Munnar it took 3 hours by cab.
We already planned our tour from travel traingle, we stayed there for 2 nights and 3 days which costs about 14000 bucks per couple.
Let’s talk about Munnar first:
Set at an altitude of 6000 ft in Idukki district, Munnar was the favored summer resort of the erstwhile British rulers in the colonial days. Unending expanse of tea plantations pristine valleys and mountains exotic species of flora and fauna in its wild sanctuaries and forests aroma of spice scented cool air yes! This beautiful destination has all these and more. It’s the place you would love to visit it’s the place you would wish never to leave. We visited in the month of April.
Munnar is such a beautiful place in Kerala, which cannot be portrayed in a single canvas. Everything and anything here will make us excited. The hills, the mist, the valleys, the streams, the waterfalls, tea plantations, rare flora and fauna…. It is a beautiful tea town in Idukki district of Kerala easily accessible from Kochi and Coimbatore. The gorgeous hill station is ideally placed in the South Western Ghats of India. With an area of around 557 sq km, Munnar in Devikulam Taluk is the largest panchayat in Kerala.
Eravikulam National Park and the Nilgiri Tahr is considered to be the icon of tourism in Munnar. The national park is also famous for its Neelakurinji population. In 2006, the place witnessed the rush of tourist both domestic and international to sight the rare flowers. Now we have to wait till 2018, to watch the same rush, to see the gorgeous blooming of the flowers after long 12 years. At this place, you can witness the highest peak in South India, Anamudi. A trekking to this peak will no doubt energise you. When you stand yourself on the top of this peak, you will feel that you are standing very close to the sky and very soon you can touch the sky. The lovely Devikulam Lake; Kolukkumalai (the highest tea plantation in the country); the waterfalls like Lakkam, Attukal, Nyayamakad, Chinnakkal, Kuthumkal, Cheeyapara, Valara and Thoovanam; the ‘cattle village’ or Mattupetty etc makes Munnar the abode of nature.
Here is my 3 day trip of Munnar on youtube.
So here the journey starts:
This was our Itinenary, you can plan accordingly.
Day 1: 15.04.2017 Munnar.
Arrival at Cochin, Pick up and travel to Munnar. Munnar is situated around 1600 m above sea
level, in the Western Ghats range of mountains and is a hill station. Travel thru valleys and
mountains and view of plantations like pepper, cardamom, pine apple, coconut, rubber etc.
Overnight stay in Munnar Resort.
Day 2: 16.04.2018 Munnar
Breakfast by 7 Am and visit Munnar places as below.
- Munnar Tea Plantation visit
- View of Mountain Goats a rare species in Rajamala Munnar.
- Mattuppetty Dam for boating in Munnar
- Spice Purchase. Garden Fresh, Cardamom, Tea, Coffee, Pepper, Clove etc from Munnar only
- Munnar Tea Museum visit and see the method of manufacturing of Munnar Tea Powder.
- Visit the scenic beauty of Places like Pothamedu, Lock heart point or Gap Road of Munnar.
- Jeep Safari to Koluthumalai to see the mountain heights of Munnar
- Waterfalls like Powerhouse, Nyamakkadu & Pallivasal in Munnar,
- Dams Mattuppetty, Kundale, Echo point & Anayirangal in Munnar
Overnight stay in Resort.
Day 3: 17.04.2018
After Breakfast at Munnar Resort and travel to Cochin Drop at Airport/Railway station our Trip ends.
- Breakfast in the Resorts.
- 2 Nights stay in Green Trees Resort Munnar
- Check in at 12 Noon and Check out 11 AM for Resort
- Driver Allowance, Stay, Toll Parking all borne by Us
- No Lunch and Dinner in Hotels
- 20% Advance to be paid to confirm and Balance at Kerala on arrival
- Ac Sedan Car for the entire trip.
- Jeep Safari / Elephant Ride / Entry Fees to Museum / Jungle Safari / other activities of your personal nature costing born by you.